Friday, March 4, 2011

Beautiful Little Butterfly


Look Dad! 
I really am a Beautiful Little Butterfly!!

As I was pulled from my mothers womb
a cold world was awaiting to receive me...

Long before I had left my mothers womb
they said; Maybe I shouldn't come into this
world... 'cause I wasn't going to be right...
and the world can be a very cruel place...
and how I would be a real burden on the
family, to have to deal with every day!

My mother... soft... warm... loving... scared
held me tight in her arms... safe and secure
She wasn't going to take any chances...
as they tried to pry me from her arms

My father is holding me now...and he's
counting my toe's... one little... two little...
three little piggies, all going to the Mall...

Now he tells me how there are a lot of
big bad wolfy's out there that, will want
to gobble me down... and I will need to
learn how to watch my pic-a-nic basket
he's now telling me how hard he'll try to
protect me from those bad wolfy's who
will try to filch... my pic-a-nic basket...

I believe him... He then tweaks my nose
and laugh's... that's for luck kid, he says

How strong is his face... even when wet
with his tears... He's telling everyone...
that I'm his Beautiful Little Butterfly...
    with wings so soft and pretty...
    and colours of blue and gold...

My father puts me back in my mothers arms...
and he tells her that I am a Blessing from God...
'cause only God… can make perfect things...
like me! His... Beautiful Little Butterfly!

(Revised 3-4-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment